Berry and mango lassi
Lassi is a typical Indian yoghurt drink. With berries and mangoes, this lassi tastes refreshingly fruity and is super quick to prepare!
For the recipe you need:
- 160g mixed berries (or frozen berries, thawed)
- 3 tbsp sugar (or honey)
- 2 pieces of mango (about 500g)
- 2 green cardamom pods
- vanilla powder
- 200ml yoghurt
- 8 ice cubes
- Pick over the fresh berries, rinse if necessary. Place them in a tall mixing jug together with ½ tbsp sugar or honey and 1 tbsp water and mix with a hand blender until smooth. If necessary, pass the purée through a sieve to remove any seeds.
- Peel the mango and coarsely chop the flesh. Lightly crush the cardamom and remove the black seeds, then finely crush them in a pestle and mortar. Put both into the mixer together with a little vanilla powder, the yoghurt, the remaining sugar or honey, 150ml ice-cold water and the ice cubes, and finely purée everything at the highest setting.
- Transfer the mango lassi to four glasses, then slowly pour the berry purée into the middle. Lightly pull through a fork, moving the back of the fork along the rim of the glasses, to make a marbled pattern (don’t combine completely!). Serve with straws.
We wish you a lot of fun making it!