For the recipe you need:
- 1 onion
- 1 piece fresh ginger (about 2cm)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large tins cannellini beans (480g drained weight)
- 800g chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp cider vinegar
- 4 cloves
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 4 tbsp dark maple syrup
- Plus small, ovenproof dish
- oil for the dish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Peel and finely chop the onion and the ginger.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized saucepan, add the onion and ginger and sauté over low heat for about 3 minutes.
- Drain the beans in a sieve and add to the saucepan together with the tomatoes, vinegar and spices. Stir in the syrup and bring to a boil.
- Grease the dish and add the contents of the saucepan. Bake the beans for about 1 hour in the oven and serve hot.
We wish you a lot of fun making them!