For the recipe you need:
- 3 green Romano peppers (about 375g)
- 1 green chilli
- 150g courgette
- 1 cucumber
- 2 shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- 125g baby leaf spinach
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 100g ciabatta
- Wash the peppers and the chilli and halve them lengthways. Remove the stem ends, white membranes and seeds. Wash and trim the courgette. Trim and peel the cucumber. Peel the shallots and the garlic. Chop everything. Pick over the spinach. Wash and spin-dry the leaves, reserving a handful for the garnish.
- Put all the prepared ingredients into a tall mixing jug or the jug of a blender. Add the vinegar, 3 tbsp oil and 150 ml cold water and blitz the vegetables, first at a slow speed, then at the highest speed, with a handheld blender or blender until creamy and smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill the gazpacho for about 2 hours in the fridge.
- To make the croûtons, cut the bread into 1.5 cm cubes. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the bread cubes over medium heat for 6–8 minutes until golden brown all over, then season with salt. Serve the gazpacho with the reserved spinach leaves and the croûtons.
We wish you a lot of fun making them!