Pintxos are an essential part of the local food culture of the Basque people, but are also perfect as finger food here.
For the recipe you need:
- 200g frozen prawns (peeled, ready-to-cook; with MSC seal)
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- ½ baguette
- Plus 12 small wooden skewer
- Rinse the prawns under cold water, then drain and set aside until they started thawing. Combine the lime juice, honey and 2 tbsp of the oil, then stir in a little cayenne pepper and the cumin. Season with salt and pepper. Peel the onion and cut it into strips, then place in the marinade for about 10 minutes.
- Peel and slice the garlic. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan, add the prawns and fry for about 4 minutes until lightly browned and almost cooked; add the garlic after 2 minutes.
- Wash and halve the tomatoes. Halve the avocado; remove the stone. Peel the halves, halve again, then slice crossways. Combine the tomatoes and avocado with the marinated onions. Season everything to taste with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Cut the baguette into 12 slices and spread with the avocado and tomato salsa. Place the garlic prawns on top of the salsa and fix in position with a wooden skewer.
We wish you a lot of fun making them!