Christmas Trees made of Puff Pastry
Christmas trees made of puff pastry are not only a delicious treat but also a magical way to bring the festive atmosphere of the Christmas season into the kitchen.
For this dish, you will need the following ingredients:
Ingredients for 6-8 pieces:
- 2 rolls of puff pastry from the refrigerated section
- 1 egg
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- 6-8 cinnamon stars
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (392 degrees Fahrenheit) with both top and bottom heat and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry, spread it with applesauce, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover the applesauce layer with the second sheet of puff pastry.
- Using a knife, cut the pastry into approximately 2 cm wide strips. Thread the strips onto skewers in a wave-like fashion, so that the pastry strip narrows from bottom to top, resembling a Christmas tree.
- Place the tree skewers on the baking sheet and brush them with the beaten egg. Bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow the Christmas trees to cool well and dust them with powdered sugar. Optionally, you can place a cinnamon star at the top.